Canadians, fed up with our out-of-touch federal political parties, have a unique opportunity to change the entire direction of Canadian foreign policy. Dimitri Lascaris has just released the foreign policy platform of his election program for leadership of the Green Party of Canada.
Here it is:
- End Sanctions that harm the Innocent. Criticise and end Canada’s acquiescence in the US withdrawal from the nuclear deal with Iran and the US inhuman sanctions on Iran, Cuba and Venezuela.
- Resist the annexation. Impose political, military and economic sanctions on Israel for its illegal occupation and settlement.
- For the universal application of international law. Demand that the International Criminal Court (ICC) end its exclusive focus on war crimes committed by the American government’s official enemies. American and other western state war criminals must be made equally accountable for their crimes.
- Stop exporting arms. Cancel the Saudi arms deal and impose a ban on trading in arms with all states that do not comply with UN Human Rights protocols and any states whose governments are engaged in violations of such human rights.
- Total nuclear disarmament. Accede immediately to the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons.
- Resume relations with Iran. Restore diplomatic relations with Iran as desired by Iranian Canadians, ending our complicity in US led efforts to target Iran.
Hear Dimitri expand on all of the above points , PLUS why he would take CANADA OUT OF NATO.
Monday, August 31, 7 – 8 pm EDT
Meeting ID: 990 1411 3578
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Join the Facebook events page: https://www.facebook.com/events/218878066231525/
NB: TO VOTE FOR DIMITRI, YOU MUST JOIN THE GREEN PARTY BY SEPT. 3, 2020. It may be the best $10 you ever spent!