Looking to learn from some of the best activists and researchers on how China is portrayed in the media today?
Want to know how we can refuse a new Cold War with China?
Tune into the No Cold War: International Peace Forum on September 26-27.
On Saturday “No Cold War” begins with the dangerous new media environment we face concerning China.
There is a need to view ‘reporting’ on China with the most critical eye. The forum is two parts, and the first concerns the giant new propaganda campaign.
The second set of panels discuss what we can do, as citizens, to challenge this agenda.
PANEL 1: GLOBAL TRENDS: WHAT WE’RE CONFRONTING
* Victor Gao, Professor at Soochow University (China)
* Jodie Evans, Co-founder of CODEPINK (US)
* Abdallah El-Harif, Founder of Democratic Way (Morocco)
* Ollie Vargas, Journalist for Kawsachun News (Bolivia)
* Chris Matlhako, Deputy General Secretary of the South African Communist Party
PANEL 2: HOW WE ORGANISE TO STOP A NEW COLD WAR
* Margaret Kimberley, Coordinating Committee of Black Alliance for Peace
* Lindsey German, Convenor, Stop the War Coalition
* Julie Tang, Pivot to Peace
* Ludo De Brabander, Vrede vzw and No to War – No to Nato Network